Click to Order On-Line
You can become a
Professional Cognitive Fitness Facilitator
Brain Fitness for Older Adults is a reader-friendly, illustrated correspondence course program. Students who pass the post-test will earn their professional certificate as an American Senior Fitness Association Cognitive Fitness Facilitator. The course materials include:
- Brain Fitness for Older Adults: How to Incorporate Cognitive Fitness into Physical Activity Programming (94-page text)
- Brain Fitness: Key Points and Historical Highlights (42-page text)
- The Brain Fitness Project: Practical Applications System #1 (92-page text; provides 25 pre-made brain fitness activity plans)
- The Brain Fitness Program (90-minute DVD documentary film)
- Companion CD-ROM (provides 25 client handouts, one for each pre-made activity plan)
- Correspondence course instructions and post-test
- Now also includes the PBS DVD, Brain Fitness 2, Sight & Sound.
CEC Info: SFA members will earn 2.0 CECs for successful completion of the program. It has also been approved for 2.0 Continuing Education Units (20 hours credit) by the American Council on Exercise and is accepted by numerous other organizations.
Brain Fitness for Older Adults is available for $249.00 plus $15.00 s/h. Please click to here to order on-line or call SFA at 888-689-6791 for additional information or to order by phone.
Note: SFA Members click here for member discount.
Now available online at SFA's Learning Center
Here's what the expert reviewers are saying:
- "Outstanding! This course ties together, in a scientifically supported manner, the aspects of physical and mental learning that can occur when fitness training is properly applied -- both for the beginning and experienced trainer."
- "Awesome program for my seniors. I would recommend this to anyone who works with the senior population. Well worth the time and effort. Thank you!"
- "I have had an interest in cognitive training for quite some time and have been studying various materials on the subject. This was definitely the most comprehensive study I have seen. This is a very impressive course, concentrating on the scientific aspects of the brain and relating the information to a program in cognitive fitness. I appreciate the fact that it was not over-simplified. The CD-ROM with all the handouts is excellent and I will be using all of them. I highly recommend this course."