Your Comments Please
Thank you for visiting SFA’s Experience! We welcome your comments and look forward to hearing what you think about the topics addressed. Comments can be entered and will be posted at this on-line version of Experience! You will need to register to make comments.
We hope that a lively exchange of ideas between Experience! readers will add to and enhance the information presented.
All comments are welcome and encouraged; however, please be aware that comments are reviewed by SFA prior to posting. In the interest of encouraging a thoughtful and civil discussion forum, we will exclude comments that are unrelated to the article’s topic, that are self promoting, that are abusive or otherwise offensive.
If you are new to making comments about online articles, the following recommendations may be helpful.
- Keep on topic. A lively comment thread is most successful and rewarding when participants focus their thoughts exclusively on the topic presented by the article under discussion.
- Add to the discussion. Although expressions of agreement or disagreement with prior contributors can be appropriate and useful, the introduction of new ideas is usually preferable.
- Be respectful. Disagreement with specific articles and comments is expected and constructive criticism is welcome. However, a comment thread is not the place for personal attacks, malicious intent or abusive language.
- Be brief. Although SFA does not impose a "word count" limit to comments, most readers will respond more positively to a comment that is succinct and to the point.
- Be legal. Honor copyrights and other legal rights. If quoting the work of others, please follow "fair use" guidelines.
- Cite your sources. When referring to information or research not included in the article or comment thread, please include your source information such as web links or book titles.
- Don’t include personal or confidential information. Please feel free to sign your comments with your own name, a "screen name" or even "anonymous." However, for your privacy and protection, do not include your own or anyone’s personal information such as telephone numbers, email or postal addresses.
- Please don’t ask SFA to respond. SFA and individual article authors will not normally respond to article comments. The comment section is intended to provide Experience! readers with a forum to exchange your ideas and opinions.
All opinions published in the Experience! comment section are those of the person submitting the comment and do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the American Senior Fitness Association.
SFA reserves the right to edit comments prior to posting.