Frequently Asked Questions
Many frequently asked questions are answered below. If you have additional questions or would you like more detailed information, please email [email protected].
1. Q: What services does the Association provide?
A: The Association of Senior Fitness Association provides comprehensive training, recognized certification, professional resources, and member support for fitness professionals who serve older adults.
2. Q: Can I upgrade my certificate of completion to full certification later?
A: Certificate of completion programs may be upgraded to full certification at a later date if desired.
3. Q: Do I have to have to attend a seminar or workshop to earn SFA’s Advanced Qualification?
A: No. You are now able to complete your SFA certification training program through our convenient distance testing process at a time and location of your choice or by testing at one of our scheduled certification review/testing workshops.
4. Q: Are there any prerequisites to enroll in NASF programs?
A: No. Training programs were intentionally designed to not exclude motivated newcomers to the fitness industry. Full certification program participants are required to obtain supplemental certification in both adult CPR and basic first aid.
5. Q: Can I share my course with a friend or co-worker?
A: Only one person can receive education credit from the examination included in your program.
6. Q: Does SFA offer any discounts?
A: Yes, If you are ordering two different Advanced Qualification programs at one time for one individual you will receive a $75.00 discount. If you are ordering two different certification of completion programs at one time for one individual you will receive a $35.00 discount. Association also offers special discounts for groups of four or more. Please contact our office for details.
7. Q: If I am not satisfied with an course can I return it for a refund?
A: Yes. A full refund less shipping and handling will be issued for materials returned in new condition at the purchasers expense within 30 days of receipt. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. You refund will be credited in the same method as your purchase.