1. The International Council on Active Aging is dedicated to changing the way we age by uniting professionals in the retirement, assisted living, fitness, rehabilitation, and wellness fields to help dispel society’s myths about aging. We will also help these professionals to empower aging baby boomers and older adults to improve their quality of life and maintain their dignity.
2. Educational Fitness Solutions, in partnership with the College-University Partners Network™, industry experts, internship affiliates, our board of advisors, and national organizations, has created innovative, Web-based certificate programs in Nutrition, Fitness, and Health. These online programs provide an interactive educational experience that allows students from around the world to fit courses into their busy work and home schedules and go on-line wherever they are to complete coursework. For a complete list of the Organizations that are affiliated with the programs click on the “Our Partners” link. To locate a school that offers the programs, click on “REGISTRATION“.
NOTE: Continuing education courses appropriate for older adults are approved for over 2.0 (20+ Hours) CECs by the American Senior Fitness Association.
3. Desert Southwest Fitness, Inc. specializes in self-directed, home study education for health and fitness professionals. We provide an excellent course selection written by industry leaders. We believe that learning is a life-long process and the design of our courses make learning, not just studying, the goal of the participant. The strength of DSWFitness is founded in quality education, student feedback and personal customer service.
NOTE: Continuing education courses appropriate for older adults are approved for CECs by the American Senior Fitness Association.
4. SIT AND BE FIT is committed to improving the quality of life of older adults and/or physically limited individuals through safe, effective exercises that are available through television, videos, personal appearances, classes, seminars, books, and the Internet.
5. The American Association of Retired Persons
For Health and Fitness Leaders
6. The Keiser Institute on Aging is dedicated to enhancing older adult wellness by uniting professionals with the common vision of changing the perceptions of aging and improving the quality of life of older adults.
Membership: Information, resources, news and events.
7. Fitness Information, resources and continuing education
IDEA offers access to liability insurance for fitness professionals as part of IDEA membership. Visit www.ideafit.com to learn more.
8. Health, Fitness and Sports related publications
9. American Chiropractic Association-Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness
The Sports Council works closely with athletic organizations, as well as allied health professionals, to promote better understanding of the value of chiropractic care in athletic training and treatment.
Spine-Health.com provides in-depth information and resources to understand, prevent and seek appropriate treatment for back and neck pain. The site is written by an interdisciplinary group of spine specialists and meets all of the quality criteria of the US National Institutes of Health. Popular features include interactive animations of spinal anatomy, conditions and procedures, a directory of spine specialist web pages, and multi-specialty case reviews.
Sections that relate specifically to senior health and fitness include water therapy, physical therapy, and causes and treatment options for conditions that affect seniors such as osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis.
If you would like NASF to link to your older adult health & fitness related web site please e-mail NASF at [email protected]